Alright, so, an update. What to write? I haven’t actually written about the everyday comings and goings of my life that much recently, which makes it difficult to know where to start. Work is…well, it’s work. It’s going well, and I really like my job, but some days are not as good as others. I sit at a desk all afternoon/evening, tethered there by my phone cord, and listen quietly and patiently while other people call in for any one of a number of reasons, and most of them aren’t good. I mean, c’mon, when was the last time you called your wireless provider just to say, “Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I like your service, I like your customer care, and I appreciate the fact that you’re there to help fix my problems when I have them”? Most of the people I talk to are pretty understanding, especially once they realize I’m not just an uncaring voice on the other end of the phone, and they’re great while I work on fixing their problems.
Take, for example, this wonderful person I talked to about a week before Christmas. She sounded like the stereotypical “favorite aunt”, and you could hear the sparkle of her eyes and the music of her heart in her voice. She had some small problem or another that I was working on fixing, and she was telling me all about the baking she had to get back to fairly soon and how lots of people are always trying to get her to bake for them because they love it so much. And then, in this half-whisper, she says, “But do you know why the things I make are so good? I’ll tell ya honey—it isn’t me. I don’t bake alone when I’m that kitchen. I bake with the Lord. I talk to Him and just spend time with Him while I’m baking, and He’s the one who gave me the talent and who makes everything turn out. Even the people I give the recipes to can’t make them come out quite as good as we can.” It was the sweetest thing in the world.
So, there’s one of many stories. Perhaps after another few posts I’ll give you another tidbit from my “real” life, instead of just going off on a ramble of some sort. In the meantime, know that you all have my love and prayers—even if you just happened across my blog by accident and you’ve never even heard of me before in your life. God bless and keep you all. Look up at the sky when you’re feeling lost and alone, and know that, even if you can’t see them, the stars are there, shining back at you. The God who created that vast expanse of the heavens created you and I, and He loves us so much that gave Himself to us, in living, in dying, and in living again, to bring us closer to Him. Praise be unto His holy name!
Monday, January 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I almost didn't check here today, not expecting an update. Glad I did. It was a real encouragement! Love ya, too, Liz!
That was a sweet story. That lady sounds like someone I would love to meet. :-)
Hi Lizzy!
~ Martha
Hey Elizabeth! I havent talked to you and Steve in FOREVER. You really have to call me sometime! Or I can call you (I just need you number cause I lost it at some point :P). I hope everything is well with you guys! Anyway, we have to get in touch soon!
Love,
Sarah (hushpuppy87)
*Grins* Heyla, everyone! Yes, Sarah, we need to talk sometime soon. Email me your current phone number--we've gotten a package on the home phone that gives me unlimited calls to anywhere. kitttiecatt@yahoo.com
Post a Comment