Monday, August 08, 2005

Yes, but...

Chera, dear, I believe the reason my sweet husband is doing better than I in the updating department is because he has no life job. He can't legally work right now, and it's still going to be a few months before he can. I, on the other hand, have been at my new job for a month now. It's boring--I'm doing data entry for the yellow pages in the verizon phone books. However, as has been pointed out to me many times recently, God's got me where He wants me, and I need to keep rejoicing no matter how much I may dislike it. (Which reminds me, Chera, I loved the post on your blog about rejoicing over cat poo. That cheered me just when I needed it!)

Life, other than that, is pretty good. A tad bit more "up in the air" than I care for (try "where's that ground gotten to now?" as a description), but still pretty good. It is summer and, thus, it is busy around here...but is busy really anything new around here?

I'm finding that I'm getting really, really tired of "city life". My country-boy hubby hasn't helped that at all (the city's driving him crazy), and I'm dying to get away from all the noise and rush and stupid drivers around here. I want to see the stars again at night. I want to breathe in the daytime air and smell something other than car fumes. *sigh* Ah well, all in God's timing, eh?

Anywho, I can't think of much else to write, and I've got company coming for dinner soon and I need to make sure we have enough food to feed them. That, and the cat is glaring at me in a way that clearly states, "You there--servant--that spot behind my ears needs to be scratched".

Ta ta for the time being! God bless!

3 comments:

Chera said...

My apologies, Liz. I forget that people have lives...I'm very glad you have a job though, even if you aren't fond of it. God will provide. You'll see.

Hooray for updates!!

Anonymous said...

YAY an update from Liz! Glad things are going well. Hang in there girl! God will work everything out!

Anonymous said...

You know, if you want to see the country, you and Steve oughta' come visit me in southern Arizona. We live beneath towering, green peaks and the sky is clear blue every day and the air is fresh (when it's not boiling) and we live ten minutes from a shadey stream and five minutes from a cool canyon with sycamores and a waterfall (in the monsoons) and another creek and...







:o)