Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Okay, now for some happiness...

Soooooo, my sister decided to take Stephen and I to the Newsboys concert weekend before last. And she got us floor seats. Row 32, seats 12, 13, and 14. Needless to say, it was totally amazing and we had a major blast. It was my fourth Newsboys concert, and I will never get tired of seeing them. God speaks volumes through those men, and it never ceases to amaze me. For those of you who've never listened to the Newsboys, you should. Go out now and buy one of their CDs. Shine: The Hits is a good one, or one of the worship albums: Adoration or Devotion. Or Go. Go is AWESOME.

To complete the total awesome-ness of that Sunday, Stephen and I actually got to go to church that morning! Wonder of wonders! It's been over a year since we've been able to go to church regularly, and several months at least since we've been at all (hey, that's what happens when you work retail--unfortunately). We had a great time, and we're still desperately trying to figure out how to at least both get off work early enough on Sundays that we can go to evening service. Pray for us on that one, if you think of it, because we really miss going.

After the concert, Stephen and I headed off for his very last garden reset, arriving in the town we were heading for around midnight. Despite him having to work the two days we were there, we actually had a really relaxing time! It was great! The weather was nice, our hotel room was nice, we got to have totally great Chinese buffet for dinner...it doesn't get much better than that. ;~p

~*~*~

Now for something completely different...

You know, Stephen and I have both "grown-up" a lot in the last year and a half or so. In a lot of ways it's been really great for both of us. We're learning how to be responsible, mature people who still know how to relax and enjoy life.

Now, here's the problem with that. God wants us to be as little children, and the more "grown-up" I get, the harder I'm finding it to approach my Lord as the little girl He wants me to be. There was a time not so long ago when I'd throw my arms wide and dance in circles while giggling and crying out, "I love you, Daddy! I love you!!!" Now, that spontaneous worship that used to come so easily happens less and less often. I miss coming to His feet like that. I feel like I've become a cynical, lukewarm christian where I used to be a joy-filled child of the Most High. Anyone else running up against this particular wall?

*sighs* Anywho, I must needs be going for now. I'm picking Stephen up from work today, and I have to stop by the store on the way. TTFN! God bless!

5 comments:

Chera said...

How fun! Glad you got to enjoy yourself and relax. It sure was nice of your sister to buy you both tickets. :-)

I have recently become a big fan of the Newsboys. I wish I could see them sometime! Alas, they never come to Michigan. And even if they did, I have no money. Le sigh.

Kittybeth said...

*Grins*

I have decided that we're going to meet the Newsboys some day. Not just "Hey that concert was great and you're our favorite band oh my goodness!!!" kind of meeting them either, but the "Yes, I'll have a scone with my latte" kind.

Yep. I've decided. It must be true.

Chera said...

If you ever become good buddies with them, will you introduce me?

Kittybeth said...

Of course! You'll be amongst the first, my dear. ;~)

Chera said...

*grin*