And I'm engaged.
Yes, you did read that last line correctly, I'm engaged! You know that friend I was talking about last time? The one we were meeting at Niagara Falls? Yes, that was Stephen. We had the most amazing time at Niagara, and we both knew we hadn't been imagining what was going on between us. It was our first meeting in person--the first time ever that I got to look into his eyes and hold his hand. And let me tell you what...wow. Having to go our separate ways again at the end of that day nearly ripped my heart out...
Thank God we weren't apart long. There's no way it should've worked out, but in early August Stephen flew out and stayed with my family and I for just under three and a half weeks. None of us had the money readily available, and it was actually another dear friend who's responsible for making it happen. God is good, and these friends He's given me are amazing. :~D Before Stephen left Ontario he'd gotten his parents blessing to ask me to be more than just his girlfriend when the "right time" came, and two days before he had to fly back we talked to my parents and obtained the same from them. And the next morning he asked me to marry him. :~D And I got to say yes. *bounces*
So, we're hoping to have the wedding next August (the 14th or 15th, God willing), then head off to South Africa for a while (up to a year or so) to get into the mission field and work over there. There are a lot of obsticles in our way right now, but hey, if it's God's will what can stand before us? :~D
Anywho, I must be going for now. God bless and keep you all, dear friends! Pray for us!
~Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment