Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oh, just this 'n' that...

News? News of me? Well, blimey, but that leaves me with precious little to post about!

Life is, as usual, busy. Last week I picked up eight hours of overtime at work, which seemed like about twenty hours of overtime when you took my average of four or five hours of sleep each night into consideration. :~/

You know, that reminds me. Do any of you ever have problem getting restful sleep because of your dreams? I mean, normally I'm sleeping at least six or seven hours each night, but I keep getting these bizarre dreams that are leaving me totally drained upon waking. Not so much fun to be more tired when you wake up than when you went to sleep. :~( And the thing is, it's not the silly "fluffy" dreams that keep doing this to me (you know, the typical ones where things can be either good or bad, but don't make much sense and don't have any real order to them), but these really strange "real" dreams. Things that are more like memories than dreams, only they haven't happened yet. And these stay on track and make sense, instead of meandering all over the place like my "normal" dreams do. It's strange.

Let's see, what else? Chirstmas is nearly here, and I am SO excited! This will be my first Christmas with Stephen, which in and of itself makes it wonderful. :~D We're spending the day with my family, and my grandmother is coming for dinner, so it should be rather relaxing and (hopefully) stress-free. None of us have much money for presents this year, which is fine by me, as it will let us all focus more on what we can do for each other, instead of what we want ourselves. *bounces happily* Jingle Bells! <--(Traditional "random statement" in our house)

In other news...

Well, I've been waiting for my darling husband to update to let y'all know the good news, but since he hasn't yet I'm going to. Stephen got his green card not too long ago, which means he's a bona fide "Lawful Permanent Resident" now. Well, as long as we don't get divorced and I don't die before our second anniversary (he'd have to leave if our marriage ceased to be for some reason since it's less than two years old...that stipulation falls off once we're married for two years). As you can imagine, we're very excited about this, because now he can leave and enter the country as he wants, live and work here, etc. (well, the "work" part is still waiting on his Social Security Number, which he should be getting by the end of next month, at the latest).

Anywho, I think that's about all for now. If y'all would continue to keep us in your prayers, that would be wonderful. Things are going fairly well, but times are still really tough (in more ways than one). Know that you all our in our prayers continually. We love you all. God bless and keep you! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz, nothing is too small to post about. I always enjoy your posts. I really hope that this SSN comes in ASAP!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!