Here we are, at the end of another year. Another year of troubles, trials, soaring joys and dark hours before dawn...another year that seems like it's gone on forever and yet just only begun. I wonder, is this what it means to be "an adult"? When we see each year as a fleeting thing, instead of the veritable lifetime it was to us as children? When the formerly "days-long" hour is now something so short that it is hard to accomplish much within its sixty-minute boundary? What a funny thing this "time" is, really. So solid and static, and yet so very, very fluid...
This has been a really wonderful year, overall. There have been some really hard roads that we've had to travel, but there has been so much wonderfulness, too. I mean, c'mon--it isn't every year that a girl gets married to her best friend and soul mate. That in itself makes 2005 amazing. :~D
*laughs* So many things have happened. Friends have changed, moved, surprised, and, at times, saddened me this year. God has taken me through quite a season of learning more about myself, and practically forcing me to learn to be happy in each moment and take each day at a time (something that will be a lifelong work in progress). I've been learning how to trust Him no matter what the circumstances seem to be, and to just know that He's taking care of us no matter what. I've sought the face of God from the highest mountaintops and felt His hands around me in the lowest valleys. I've laughed so hard that tears streamed down my face, and cried so hard that I eventually ended up laughing. I've completely melted down from taking on too much stress, and slept in utter peace wrapped in my husband's arms and listening to a lullaby of raindrops sent from my Daddy.
Yes, a lot of life has happened this year. Here's hoping that next year will hold even more, shine even brighter, and be an even greater adventure!
God bless and keep you all! Happy New Year!
Friday, December 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment