Alright, an update. Where to even begin?
First off, the trip to Ontario was amazing. We had the best time in the world, and I still wish we hadn't come back again. It was so nice not being in the city.
I have the coolest in-laws in the world. I don't think I will ever have any of those Mother-in-Law horror stories that tend to circulate--my Mother-in-law is just too neat for that. And "Dad" is pretty cool too. They both have a way of just putting me at ease and making me feel like part of the family that astounds me. It usually takes me longer to get to that point with people, but they make it happen instantly. It's awesome. And the younger siblings are great--really full of energy, but great! We walked, we talked, we beaded, we played video games, we all laughed at how much taller Stephen's little brother is now than Stephen himself...yes indeed, it was a wonderful vacation. We even got to be there for the first snow of the season. There was about a foot of the white stuff on the ground at "Nana and Grandpa's" place when we went out to see them (and the forty or so other relatives and friends who met us there to visit). I'd post pictures now, but I don't have the disk with me and I'm posting from my sister's laptop.
Let's see, what else is new? Oh! I got a new job! Things have gotten so bad at DressBarn that I decided to quit, but wanted to find something new first. So I did! I'm going to be working at Fashion Bug (another clothing store that's actually pretty similar to DressBarn). The store I'm going to be working at is actually only half a mile from home, which means once Stephen gets his license (hopefully next week) he'll be able to take the car to get himself to work, and I can walk! My new store is also in the same plaza as the gym where we've got a membership, which means there's a good chance I'll get to start going more! It'll be a heck of a lot easier to make time for it in my schedule now. :~) I'll still only be making minimum wage (the only bummer), but there's a better employee discount, they do "friends and family" parties and other fun stuff like that, and they seem to have a really great team and a really cool store manager (she's got this cool mix of "no nonsense" meets "have fun!" that I think is going to be great!). God's really worked this out beautifully for me, and I know it's going to keep getting better! Woohoo!
Alright, there's a quick update. I need to get back to working on my sister's English curriculum now. Tootles! God bless!
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cool! sounds like God's timing. is that store in the same plaza as the mongolian grill we went to?
Hey, we have a Fashion Bug in Michigan. I didn't know that they were such a big chain. I love that store! Congratulations on getting the job!!
-Chera
Post a Comment