Thursday, January 18, 2007

Alright, you win...

Since it is 4:34 in the a.m. and I find myself with a few minutes to kill, you shall have your update.

Why, you ask, do I have time to kill at 4:34 in the a.m.? Because, of course, my husband's wonderful employer decided that he gets to travel around the area to different stores for two months helping out with department resets and remodels and such. For the most part, they have him working at the store that's actually closer to our house than his store is, but since it's a major rennovation, it's an overnight shift. 9:00pm to 5:30am. Thus, I find myself with time to kill at 4:34am. Bah. (Overall it's not so bad, except for the fact that I have a heck of a time sleeping without him, and on my days off I tend to adapt to his schedule instead of making myself stay on a semi-normal one...which of course means that on the days I work I don't really sleep for more than three or four hours because I can't get my body to figure out when it's sleepy time and when it's wake up and work time.)

In other news, we've actually been having a bit of "winter" this winter! Wind storms, snow that sticks around for more than an afternoon, and really cold (by our wimpy standards) temperatures! Granted, 22*F wouldn't seem so cold if we all had proper winter coats and gloves and such, but I've been freezing! My lightweight little coat is no match for this! It's been totally worth it though to get to see everything blanketed in such beautiful whiteness. There's just something about snow--especially in the wee hours of the morning--that makes the world seem so new and so clean. I stepped out the other night when it was just really starting to fall heavily and there wasn't a sound to be heard--not even the noise from the freeway that's always droning in the background. It was absolutely beautiful.

Let's see, is there any other other news? My sister decided that she was going to save up all of her babysitting money for a few weeks and buy tickets for her and Stephen and me to go to the Newsboys concert in March. We're totally excited about that--it's been a while since we've been to any concert and the Newsboys always have a great show! Oh, and my parents are going to Hawaii for a week in late April--for free. After seventeen years of body-trashing work as an auto tech my dad's company finally decided to give him Employee of the Year (and there's no one there that deserves it more, and that's a fact). Mom and Dad are totally excited--they've never been to Hawaii, never really on any real "getaway" vacation just the two of them (they didn't even get to have a honeymoon when they got married)--so they're really going to enjoy this. They've decided on Maui. It sounds wonderful.

Anywho...there's not much else to "update" about right now. I'm a mite too tired to post anything exceptionally witty or thought-provoking, so I'll just say God bless and keep you all, and have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Chera said...

I am jealous of your parents. Nothing sounds better to me right now than a trip to Hawaii. I am so cold!!!

Unknown said...

I am really glad I'm not in your husband's shoes. To be honest, I would have refused to do it. but hey, you get money for it.

readersis said...

I can't stay up till 4:34, much less have time to kill at that hour...

Anna said...

Significant snowfall over an extended period of time in Seattle and Tulsa? Definitely global warming. ;)