Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Arrr, Matey--Here There Be Pirates!

Myself, hubby, sister, and friend from work all dressed up and ready for the midnight showing of Pirates. Midnight, because the eight o' clock showing was for weenies. ;~p We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, though there were parts of the movie that just sucked. It was well done though, I liked it overall, and we're going to see it again tomorrow evening with mom and dad. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those movies that I'll like more the second time around.

On a side note, sister's, hubby's, and my costumes all made by myself. I was smart and did my sister's about a month ago so I wouldn't have to rush and get it done, but by the time I had everything for mine and Stephen's it was four days before the movie and I only had two days off and one evening to get them done. I spent the greater part of two straight days and nights hunched over my sewing machine, but I did it, and the end result was not too shabby, if I do say so myself.



In other news...


Stephen and I are off to the zoo tomorrow with a friend and her new boyfriend. I haven't been to the zoo in ages, and I'm totally excited to be going. I love the zoo. It makes me feel at home. ;~)


I feel like I should have more to update about...like I should be talking about this or that that's happened or things I've been thinking about, but I'm just drawing something of a blank. It's odd sometimes, isn't it? To feel as if so much happens, and yet that there's nothing to write about?


Although, the highlight of my week really can't be put into mere words. I got to spend some time just visiting with and enjoying being around my Stephen. No sewing to be done, no running around trying to accomplish things, just being in each other's company and loving every minute of it. It's amazing how you can live with someone and see them every day, and then when you get time together to just stop and spend as a couple you find yourself looking into your lover's eyes and saying, "you know, I've really missed you."


Anywho, I'm off for now. It's late (as usual) and I need to get some sleep. God bless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nuts. Totally nuts. At least you have fun doing it.

And what is it with the third movie stinking lately? Spider 3 wasn't very good. Pirates was okay. the Santa Clause 3 stunk. Man, is it just the writers being lazy or what?

Kittybeth said...

Spidey three was awesome, and I might just have to come down and kick your butt for saying otherwise. ;~p

In general, however, I don't think that most sequels period are all that great. For the most part they're too rushed, too unfished, and too clearly just done because the fame of the first one will carry all subsequent ones through and bring in a profit.

There are a few though that I've really enjoyed--the Spidey movies, Toy Story 2 (how can you not love it?), X-2 (though X-3 was visually cool, the way they messed the storyline up SO badly really irked me), etc. And Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade--that movie rocked. Sean Connery is totally my hero.

Anywho...I'm off to cook dinner. TTFN!