Yes, and Stephen's look great in color changing purple/pink. ;~p
~What sort of things have you cooked lately?
...cooked? You mean, like, with the pots and pans and spices and such? Ummmm...does ordering a pizza count? No? How 'bout Chinese? Still no? Drat. Lately I haven't cooked much, largely because we got dad a new grill and he's been "practicing" with it--getting used to the "new grill feel" and all. That and I've been scheduled mostly closing shifts for the last two weeks or so, so I haven't even really been home for dinner. I wouldn't mind being home a little more and doing some of this thing you call "cooking", though. :~)
~How many costumes have you made?
Let's see...there was the blue medieval dress with the full sleeves, the green medieval dress with the regular sleeves and the gold cords for a belt, the purple velvet with the sheer shimmer sleeves and hood, the young Zelda ensemble, the Romani dress for Sarah, the massive assisting I did with the Link, Skull Kid and Gerudo guard outfits (we had a group of us go as characters from Majora's Mask for halloween), the makeover of the white shift from the Zelda dress into an Egyptian dress, the quick set for X-Men III (me, Stephen, and Sarah), costumes for the three of us for Pirates two and three (six total costumes), three cloaks, one random "pouffy" shirt, and at least two regular shirts and one dress for "everyday" kind of wear for me. I think that pretty much covers it.
~What is it like being Married?
It is possibly the most wonderful experience this side of heaven. I know that no matter what, no matter where, there is someone who loves me in spite of my many flaws who I can turn to for anything. I know that there's someone there to listen whenever I need to talk, to hold me when I need to cry, and to dance with me when I can't help but laugh. I know there's someone there to point out my mistakes in a way that makes me want to be better than I know I am, and to help me to strive toward "being good" on every level. I know there's someone there who knows my heart the way only a few special people in life can know it, and who often guesses my desires before I'm fully aware of them myself. Being married shows me in a real way how my Jesus loves me--even in only a small way. Being married means that I have my best friend working at my side while I work at his, and knowing that it will be that way until death do us part. I never thought such a thing could be so wonderful.
Here lately we've been walking through something of a valley--working some shifts that've been rather opposite, busy when we've not been working, not really getting to spend much time together. We haven't even had time to really talk a lot, what with all the distractions of everyday life and such. But the last couple of days we've been making a little bit of time to just sit and be with each other, instead of just being around each other. It's been really wonderful getting in touch with each other again and getting past all of the "surface stuff" and into the deeper heart of our
Plus all the other wonderful perks of marriage. *Grins*
...Like having someone to put cold toes on in the middle of the night! ;~p
No comments:
Post a Comment