Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Time for an update!

Well, Stephen is officially working on the overnight crew now. He was temporarily doing overnights during their store's inventory prep, and decided that he actually enjoyed that side of the store function. He had a two-week gap of "days" again before they switched him back to nights, and he wasn't enjoying it much. At all. So, I'm back to going to bed all by my lonesome self, and he's back to not having to deal with completely insane customers all day long.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad. I actually see him more now than I did when he was on days, since we now have the same days off. Also, we're going to be able to start going to the gym in the mornings when he gets home (it'll help me wake up, and it'll help him wind down so he can get some sleep). And now I'll have the car during the day when I need it, and he gets to take it at night! Oh, and since he'll be getting off at 5:30 on Sunday mornings, we've got a really great chance of being able to start going to church again. We just need to find someplace that has an early service so I'll still be able to get to work on time. So really, this is a good thing.

But tonight is night one of him being back on overnights, and I'm having a hard time wanting to go to bed alone. Oh well.

As usual, not much else is going on around here. My family had a great time in Tennesse, and Stephen and I had a great time getting the house all to ourselves. I think we only turned the TV on twice during the whole week (it was so nice!!!), and that was just to watch a movie each time. I spent all of the Wednesday that they were gone working on a sample wedding cake for my boss, which meant that I was working with fondant for the first time ever. Between the baking and the decorating, it was an all-day event. I had a great time, and the cake came out beautifully! I'm now officially hired for my first "wedding cake gig". *Grins* I'm excited. And a little nervous. But mostly just excited! (sidenote: Pictures of all of my cakes to date are up on my DeviantArt page!)

So yeah...things are changing around here, and for the most part it's a breath of fresh air. There's still a lot of the "same old, same old" going on, but I feel like we're making forward steps for the first time in a long time. It's kinda nice. :~)

Anywho...that's all for now! Stay tuned 'til next time!

No comments: