...I think. Sometimes I have to actually look down at my feet and make sure they're still firmly glued to the ground before making such a statement.
You know, I try to keep this blog updated on a more regular basis. I sit down to start typing out something amusing, or witty, or thought-provoking, or even just to let you all know what's going on in Elizabeth-land. The truth of the matter is, though, that I have nothing to write about. I'm empty. I get up in the morning already drained, and I go to bed at night even more drained, then get up the next day and do it all over again. Life is sucking the life out of me. Odd. I know what my biggest problem is, but I'm not sure how to go about correcting it, and I'm so drained that I don't even want to try most days. But surely this is no way to live...
Along those lines, work is wearing me out. My boss is wonderful, and she's also probably the only reason I still work where I do. Our company is...having issues. The economy is so down that we're having a hard time even getting close to our goals most days, and the quality of our merchandise has gone down. They've slashed every benefit they used to have for their part-timers (I'm still classed "part-time" even though I work 36-40 hours every week because we're not allowed to have any more full-timers than the four managers we have). They used to give us a week of paid vacation, plus they gave us paid hollidays for Memorial Day, Labor Day, and....hrm...I know there was one more. Now, we don't get any of that. We're treated like...I don't know, think of whatever you can that is treated pretty darn poorly and insert that mental picture here. And we're paid crap on top of it all. *Sigh*
The sad part is that there isn't really much else I could do. And there's not another manager out there that would make all the other BS worth it. *sighsighsigh*
In good news, though, Stephen and I both took an extra day off this week and we went down to the ocean on Monday, and stayed until Wednesday. It was so unbelievably wonderful to be away from everything for three days, and to just get to hang out with my husband and my sister. It was supposed to be a whole family trip, though. Mom and Dad were supposed to come with us, but they had some unexpected expenses and none of us were able to figure out how to have enough extra gas money so they could come too, as well as being able to have someone come and stay with our pets while we were gone. *sigh* But the ocean was wonderful. So wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. *smile*
Anyway...I guess this serves as an "update" for the time being. Ciao until next time!
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment