No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I've just become the stereotypical "busy bride-to-be". The invitations are ordered and supposed to be here any day, which means I'm frantically trying to track down address for people, get all of the "gift registry" stuff together that everyone keeps bothering me for, pester Stephen to finish up his side of the guest list so I can get those addresses from him, and not totally stress out because my little "budget" has been completely shot by various circumstances.
I still have to find out how many of the "out-of-towners" are actually going to be able to make it, so my mother can look into getting group rates from the local hotels, figure out what else I need/can afford for decorations, and try and manage wardrobes...for the guys we're going to go nice, but casual, and have them in black slacks and royal blue dress shirts (and maybe a tie, I think we're still discussing that one), except for Stephen, who will be in a full suit (oh yeah, I have to keep enough money out for that too...). Now, for the girls I was going to have them wear something they already have in either blue or purple, and then just have to get a dress for my sister, but since we've decided to go fairly casual with the guys, I'm afraid the girls are going to be a little overdressed, so I need to try to find something nice, but simple, for all three of them and see if we can't pull off getting them all into something the same. But then, if I do that, should I be getting the guys' shirts too, or might they be able to handle that one? Am I going to hurt feelings on one side or the other? And what about our rings? We still have to get those, and we have to pick ones that will be able to be sized in time before the wedding. I found one I really liked (that was too much), but there were talking about it taking six weeks to order in. I certainly hope that isn't the standard, because we're only going to have four weeks exactly from the day Stephen arrives home to the day we get married...
And then there's the honeymoon! Ack! Did you know that hotels are quite capable of being very expensive? And it's not even a really fancy hotel, just a nice, clean one! We're going to the ocean for our honeymoon--it's about a three to four hour drive from here--and we've got to make sure we've got the money for the hotel, gasoline, food, and to get to do a couple of fun things while we're there. There's this awesome go-kart track and mini-golf course...
Oh yeah, and Stephen is coming home in three weeks. April 9th, to be exact. *bounces* Providing, of course, that everything goes well with his interview on Tuesday. Please be praying about that, everyone--he's incredibly nervous. We both know it'll be okay (it will be okay, won't it?), but it's still one of those things that just gives you the jitters.
Anywho, that's the "scoop" for now from this little corner of the world. I'll update again as soon as I can! God bless!
Sunday, March 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! She isn't dead! Have you looked into online prices for shirts and dresses? How about the rings? any place online that won't take long to send?
praying for ya.
-JC
Dude, ditch the whole matching thing! I doubt there's any girl who doesn't have some kind of blue or purple outfit and you can get blue dress shirts on sale at Kohls for about 15 bucks, but betcha most guys have a blue dress shirt anway. Just have them wear that, the colors won't clash, it won't cost a fortune, and it'll spare you the headache. Who cares if they match?! What matters is that they're there and they support and love you and Stephen.
Post a Comment