Sunday, January 29, 2006

Blah

Date: January 29th, 2006

Time: 5:34am

Location: My cousin's "studio apartment"--the downstairs of her dad's split-level house.

Doing: Why, typing on the computer, of course!

Thinking: Why on Earth am I still up? Oh yes, I remember, because Emma and Chris (my cousin and her boyfriend) never sleep! Or rather, because we all ended up resting/sleeping most of the day, because no one was feeling well. Then, once everyone was awake, we went out to dinner. And, at one o' clock, we decided to go bowling at the 24-hour bowling alley. Then we decided to watch "Independence Day" when we got back. Huh. Surprising how fast an afternoon/evening can go by and turn into a "morning", isn't it?

Current (overall) project(s): Help Emma get ready to move--finding boxes, packing up her stuff as we go, sifting through everything and making a "garage sale" pile, tossing all garbage, and just generally finding the floor. Also, Stephen trying to find a full-time job (preferably one that pays decently and has medical benefits attached to it), and me looking to probably find a part-time one after we know his schedule (we only have the one car, and Stephen doesn't have his driver's license yet, anyway. That's another project). Cleaning the house and making room for Emma and Chris to have a little room there until they find jobs too. Saving money so that Emma, Chris, Stephen, and I can get an apartment together. Not losing patience with various family members during all the other "projects" we have going. Oh yes, and starting to get to sleep at more reasonable hours, eating better, and getting more excersie (I have, most regretably and to my utter dismay, regained every pound that I so painstakingly lost a couple of years ago). Anything else? Possibly retaining at least one small ounce of my sanity, if I have time for that with everything else that's going on. ;~)

Current favorite goal: To be a stay-at-home wife (and hopefully, mother),take care of the house, learn to cook lots of new and yummy things, and make time to go out and do some of the volunteer work that I've never been able to do before because I had to work.

No comments: