I have to be to work today at 2pm, which means I'll have to leave here at 1pm. Now, it's only about a 20 minute drive up to work (including red lights and time to find a parking space), but it's Saturday. It's also sunny. Saturday and sunny at the outlet mall means that the parking lot is going to become a battle field where the army of locals moves to out-manuver the tourists and conquer the best pavemented land between two white lines. It is a fierce battle that will rage for most of the day, only dying down a bit between 6 and 8pm, during which time the dinner exodus occurs. It's quite a sight to see.
I'm not exactly looking forward to work today. As you may have already guessed, it's going to be quite busy at our store (it always is on Saturdays), which means I'll literally be running from one end of my half of the store to the other trying to help several people at once. This isn't so great today because my ankle is still a little sore from where I twisted it two days ago. How did I twist it, you ask? Darned if I know. I went to take a step and instead of stepping down on my foot I found that my foot was bending inward and my considerable weight was coming down on my ankle. It hurt. And the resulting limping throughout that day left my hip, knee, ankle, and foot hurting on the opposite side of my body. Bleh. Thankfully, thought, it wasn't a really bad ankle twisting, and the only muscle that really got hurt was the one that pulls when you move your foot sideways, not up and down like in normal walking.
Anywho, I have to get ready for work, the dog needs to go outside, and the cat is giving me a look that says "If you let that big hairy mutt out and make me stay inside then I'll make your life miserable for the next two days".
Adieu.
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, so I'm jealous you have a job. Wish I could complain about aching feet 'cause of making money...
Post a Comment