I miss my jeans. At work, we have to look "dressy" because a lot of people who come in a shop with us are looking for business clothes, so we're not allowed to wear cottons (with the exception of nice sweaters, but it's too warm for those right now). It's either skirts/slacks and a nice top, or a dress. Nice once in a while, obnoxious when it's required five out of seven days of the week. :~/
I'm tired of living in the city. I want to move somewhere that most city folk would classify as "out in the middle of nowhere". I want to live on some land, preferably with some "forest" on it. I want to be able to go for a good walk and never leave that land, and have to drive for at least half an hour before really getting into "civilization" of any kind. I also want a big ol' garden so we can grow our own fresh fruits/veggies (green beans, peas, strawberries, potatoes, carrotts, blueberries, raspberries, etc), and I want to learn to make homemade jam. Yummy.
Work has been busy, and it's only going to get worse (better?) as we come into summer and start having nicer days. All the stores at the Outlet Mall are indoors, but the main corridors are outside and sheltered from the elements by large, stretched canvasasses. Really neat design. Really neat summer mall. But when I'm usually the only person working the entire "Woman's (plus-size) side" of the store, busy is a little overwhelming. Le sigh.
Stephen is homesick. He wants us to go back and visit his family so desperately, and I would do anything in the world to make it happen. But things are so tight right now that it'll be months before we can make it happen, especially with summer air rates in effect. There's gotta be something we can do though, right? I'm hoping that at the latest we can go out for a week in October. Pray for that if y'all think about it, will you?
As much as I'm ready for a big move, I love western Washington. It's so unique in it's climate. I mean, even the rest of the Pacific Northwest isn't like it is here. Never really too hot or too cold, some nice warm days in summer, usually a few days of snow in the winter, wonderful rain the other nine months of the year (yes, I meant to say that--it's a joke). Plus the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other...who could ask for more? I'm going to miss it here when we leave...
Life if good, and God is wonderful. I was thinking about it the other day, and there really is no reason for life without Him. It would be utterly pointless, totally depressing, and filling with empty pleasures that usually do more harm than good. Without God, how could we even fully appreciate the beauty of a flower, the freshness of a late spring rain, the delicacy of frost on a window, the wonder of dew on a spiderweb? And how could we truly know love? I could think of no greater torment of Hell than that it is simply an eternity without God. Lord, Your love and mercy are indeed great that You would sacrifice Yourself to keep us from that everlasting life of death. Thank You. I love You. Help me to not stray from You, and come after me if I do. I am one little lamb amonst many, but I know Your voice, and I know Your love. I will come when You call. Amen.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good thoughts. It made me think about the place I want to settle down on. Probably an acre or so, with fruit trees and a place that I can raise rabbits, have a good garden and not be afraid to let my kids run loose on. I would have a big shop in which to build things and a house large enough to get lost in. I'm not so isolationist that I want to live miles from nowhere, but living on the edge of town would be ideal.
I want acres of land--20 at the very least, more if possible.
I vote for an update!
I secound that.
All in favor, say aye!!
AYE.
Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://neveo.info/2472.html and http://googleindex.info/1719.html
Post a Comment