Tuesday, July 18, 2006

...?

You know, I was sitting in my room thinking "Hey, such and such would make a really cool post on my blog". I stopped what I was doing in there, walked out here to the computer, and got all nice and logged into Blogger. What should happen at that very moment, however, will amaze and astound you, and maybe even scare you into sleeplessness for about two weeks and twenty-seven days.

As soon as I hit the "login" button on the computer, lightning struck the powerline outside of the house. The huge electrical surge sped through the lines, blew the surge protector that we have the computer hooked into, and ran directly into the computer. You would think that this would blow the computer as well, wouldn't you? Well, it didn't. Instead a most horrific thing happened. The computer came alive. It picked itself up off of the desk and flew around the room looking for some sort of weapon with which to destroy all Macs on this planet and any other. Failing to find something suitable, it turned it's electronic attention on me, wrapped its mouse cord around my neck, and threatened to enslave all of mankind unless I help it in its quest to enter the political arena and become the next governor of California. When I asked it what California had to do with its plans, it spouted something about the San Andreas fault before realizing that it wasn't quite ready to give away its top secret plan yet, and informed me that I now knew too much and it was going to have to terminate my operating system. It began to drag me toward the washing machine (which apparently is in cahoots with the computer), an evil glint on its screeny eye, when the totally expected happened...

It froze, crashed, rebooted, and had lost all memory of the entire incident.


Actually, all that really happened is that I completely forgot what it was I was going to write about, and decided that this sounded way more interesting than saying, "Gee, I don't remember what I was going to post about."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

See, I knew Microsoft was waiting for for something! That lightening bolt of course was it!

Chera said...

what? a pseudoupdate???

Kittybeth said...

*nods*

I had nothing more interesting to post about at this time. Life is busy, but relatively repetitive at this time.