Friday, July 28, 2006

Spontaneous Ocean Trip

So, Monday night I said to Stephen, "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to up and drive to the ocean tomorrow."

So we did.

Then I said, "I wonder if I can swap my work schedule tomorrow so I don't have to be in until the afternoon."

And I did.

Then I said, "Wouldn't it be fun to stay at the ocean here tonight?"

So we did. It was great fun.

Here are some pictures from our trip:

Here's the wicked awesome old-school gas pump we stopped at on our way down to the ocean. There, like, wasn't even anywhere on the pump for me to stick my debit card, man. I had to, like, go inside the shop and everything.

Our arrival on the beach (yes, I do mean literally on the beach, in the car, it's great fun. You've never really driven until you've driven on the beach). We got there just in time to see the group of horse riders going by. Very neat.

It's not a trip unless there's at least one good foot shot. 'Nuff said.

This was taken at 9:30 at night, and it was actually a lot darker than it looks here. However, the flash kept relfecting off of the fog and making it look lighter than it was. It was also cold. And chilly. And did I mention that it was cold? We went from the 90+ degree weather we'd been having at home to about 55 degrees that night on the beach. We were cold.

I'd say this one is pretty self explanitory.

2 comments:

Kittybeth said...

We live about an hour north of Seattle. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like you all had fun!