Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Duty bound...

I've been tagged by Chera. Thus, this post shall be dedicated to her. ;~)

Note: The Bible is too obvious. Really think about these.

One book that has changed your life:
  • Hmmm, tough question. I can't say "The Bible"? Well that's just not very nice! How about...goodness me, I don't know! Peretti's two Darkness books, perhaps. They really made me think about things in a new light, and painted a picture of the spiritual battles going on around us all the time in a way that just brought it home to me.

One book that you've read over and over:

  • Only one? How can you say only one?! I'm going to ignore that "one" part. "Over and over" books include Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys, Eight Cousins, Rose in Bloom (Alcott, of course); The Chronicles of Narnia (Lewis); The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings (Tolkien); The Keeper of the Bees (Porter); Pride and Prejudice (Austin); This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, Prophet (Peretti). Those are the ones that have been reread the most, at least.

One book that you would want on a desert island:

  • Hmmm, another tough one. Probably either The Circle Trilogy or The Martyr's Song Series (both by Dekker). Very, very good books.

Funniest book:

  • My journal. It's downright ridiculous when I look back on it.

Crying book:

  • Shoot, anything'll make me cry on the wrong day, up to and including the cookbook. But yes, like Chera, Little Women makes me cry...though not just the part where Beth dies. Also when Jo refuses Laurie, when Meg gets married, when Amy and Laurie get engaged, when Jo and her dear Professor get engaged, etc, etc, etc.

One book that you wish would be written:

  • The next great novel, to be beloved for generations to come, with my name where the author's usually goes

One book that you wish never would have been written:

  • I'm going to make enemies with this one...but the Harry Potter books. I read the first four before getting disgusted with how dark they were becoming, and with how I was obsessing over them. By the time I read the forth book I literally couldn't put it down. I read in every spare moment, tried to read while doing chores, read in the bathroom, and read far into the night, which put my sleep way behind. I read the 730 page book in two days, and didn't like myself and the way I was acting toward my family during that time. At the very least, I really don't think children should be reading the books.

One book you're reading:

  • Little Men, by Lousia May Alcott

Tag five people:

  • I don't think I have five people to tag, unless I double tag a couple of Chera's peoples! I'll just tag JC and 'Leshia and "under-answer" this one, since I "over-answered" the others!

No comments: