It's far too detailed a situation to even begin to explain coherantly. Things at work are bad. Very bad. One of my favorite co-workers quit tonight--not "she gave notice", but "she quit". She spoke with the new store manager (freed her mind), gathered her stuff up, and left without even finishing her shift. Funny thing though, I can't say as I blame her. I'm actually excited for her. (If you guys think of it, say a prayer for her--the name's Ashley--she could really use all the prayers she can get.) Another co-worker already has another job lined up and will probably be leaving within the week. Another decided before the day even ended that she was going to go apply at Wal-mart after she got off tonight. Our assistant store manager is leaving (for good reason--she's been with the company for seven years and was just passed over for store manager for the second time). One of our girls is going to stay, but she's only in for maybe another two months anyway to make some extra money before her baby is born. One co-worker just doesn't give a rip about the situation, and I'm not sure what the other one will do. The other two managers are going to try to ride out the storm. I guess I am too...but it feels like everything good in that store has died. It's been like going to a funeral every day since all this went down.
Please pray for our store--but especially for everyone who's going to be leaving. They're taking a stand for a good reason, and I hope they find even better jobs than the ones they're leaving.
And God help those of us left behind.
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment