Saturday, September 04, 2004

I came across this today...

...and thought I would post it here. I forgot entirely that I saved a few of the ramblings that I ended up posting on the RI, and this one really hit home all over again. Enjoy. :~)

From an April 22, 2003 post titled "A Command":

“Seek Me that you may live.”

This command was given to the Israelites thousands of years ago. Isn’t it funny that, over all these long centuries, the same holds true for us? Of course, thousands of years are merely the blink of an eye for One who knows eternity.

“Seek the LORD that you may live.” It was the cry heard by the children of Israel though the prophet Amos. It is the cry still heard today throughout Christianity. The only difference is that we now seek the Living God not through laws, but through a childlike faith. And we find Him not because of our works, but because of the blood of our Savior.

“For by grace you have been saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Seek the Lord that you may live, and He will gift you with life eternal. It is a gift that you cannot earn, bought with the death of our Father’s only son. So step up and accept this gift of new life, let it take you over and remake the way you think and live and even love. After all, “child of God” is more than a title, it’s a lifestyle.


This Elizabeth-esque random rambling has been brought to you today by the letters A, M, O, and S, and by the verse reference 5:4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, did you get the job?
jc