Saturday, September 25, 2004

Wow, I'm beat...

*sighs in an exhausted-type manner*

This has been such a big day in so many ways! Two of my very dearest friends (next to my Stephen, of course) got married today, and I've been spending most of the last week and a half helping them pull things together. I got to have a hand in everything from helping alter the bride's dress to keeping her "stable" and at least somewhat "calm-ish" over the last week to trying to help the groom stay sane (man oh man could I have used Stephen's help there!) to decorating to participating in the ceremony to, now, drying the bride's boquet. It's all worth it though. *Grins* It was a small wedding in the home of the bride's mother, with about a dozen people total, and it was beautiful. Unfortunately, no one really got much sleep last night by the time everyone was back to their respective homes and in bed, and the early morning came way too early. It was awesome.

In other news, it was exactly one year ago today that Stephen asked me to marry him. *Grins and bounces* It seems like only yesterday and like a lifetime ago at the same time. So much has happened in the last year, and "our plans" have undergone some pretty big changes in that time as God continues to guide us in the way He wants us to go...but, for better or for worse, I don't think I would've missed a minute of any of this last year's events. *Laughs* The funny thing is, however, that neither of us ever wanted a long engagement! Let me tell you, the INS can't get the paperwork done fast enough!!!

Anywho...I've been running for too many days in a row on three hours of sleep or less, so I think I'm going to turn in for the night. I might write again soon if I can bring myself to being coherant any time in the near future. I officially begin training with AT&T Wireless on Monday morning, so I don't know how often I'll be on after that. It all depends on scheduling, I suppose!

God bless you all!

8 comments:

Chera said...

Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't try calling you this week...

You get some well deserved rest, deary. And please, let us know how your job goes at AT&T as soon as you are able!

Happy Anniversary, Liz! :-)

Kittybeth said...

Yeah, the likelihood of you actually catching me this past week wasn't very high. Actually, when you tried calling me the week before it was when I was over helping her alter her wedding dress.

This week I'll be working from 7:30am to 4:30pm, my time, and I think I'll be home every evening except Tuesday by six-ish my time (hopefully a little sooner, but I'll have to be driving home in rush-hour traffic :~/).

Anonymous said...

*grins*

BTW, I think the long engagement is a very good thing... You're learning a lot from having to do this.

-JC

Kittybeth said...

*mumbles something about wondering if he'll think the same thing if HE has to go through it...*

;~p

Er, I mean...yeah, we HAVE been learning a lot, and God's been using every moment of it to grow us both and, in some ways, test our resolve/mettle/faith/endurance, as well as building patience with both of us, I'm sure.

...but that doesn't make it any easier! ;~p

Anonymous said...

*grins* Yeah, but you had too short of a courtship. See, I'm going to have a year, or two, or three, long courtship and a really short engagement. *grins again and waltzes in to the sunset of the future*

JC

Anna said...

It seems a long time since y'all got engaged to me. So many girls would love to be in your position, Liz. To know and enjoy your Prince Charming. I definitely don't! I get to look forward to him and be content. You get to miss him, which is very sad.

Chera said...

*sigh*

She's right, you know. We single gals can only dream. ;-)

Kittybeth said...

See, I'm going to have a year, or two, or three, long courtship and a really short engagement.Oh really? Did I ever tell you, big brother, that that was my plan too, once upon a time? ;~p

many girls would love to be in your position, Liz. To know and enjoy your Prince Charming. I definitely don't! I get to look forward to him and be content. You get to miss him, which is very sad.Being able to know him and turn to him and know that our wedding day is coming very quickly--Yes, very wonderful. Having to know all of this from nearly three-thousand miles apart--Not so great. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I'd end up in this kind of relationship so soon (actually, at times, I wondered if it would happen at all), and I am truly blessed among women to have such a wonderful man who loves me as much as Stephen does. One of my constant prayers for all of my friends is that they will at least be in the same general area as their respective "other halves".

She's right, you know. We single gals can only dream. ;-)Dream away, ye of the "single gal"-hood. Just don't overlook the Prince Charming (a.k.a. the Prince of Peace) standing right there ready to hold you, love you, and support you forever and ever. ;~)