Lately I've been having really strange days. During the first part of the day, and into the late afternoon/early evening, I'll be in a great mood, have no problems working away at whatever needs doing, and just generally be seeing the glass as half full. But by the time the afternoon starts moving on towards evening, my good/content mood fades with the sunlight and I've been getting really down. Things frustrate me more easily, I tend to get snappy with less provoking, I get really tired, and I'm just generally gloomy.
So, here's my question--what do you guys do to lift your spirits when you're going through those "down times"? When I'm in that place I always feel so empty, though I know that feelings (in this case) aren't to be trusted. It's just hard, you know? Going from feeling all peaceful and stuff to being so down in such a short time takes it's toll. And I'm not doing anything (to my knowledge) to bring on this change--I try just letting go of the worries and everything and handing them over to God, but even without the worries I'm still just finding myself being, I dunno, just sad, I guess.
Anywho, let me know how y'all try to snap yourself out of your low places.
God bless!
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I sleep. Which, actually, I sometimes sleep too much. However, your body is reaching the end of the wake cycle and needs sleep. That could definitely change moods. Also, what do you fill your mind with after the peaceful part of the day? Is it worry and struggle or is it the Word of God and worship?
It's also normal to feel down at times. That's taken a lot for me to realize. It's the trying to not let that dominate that's the struggle. Also, when do you exercise? For me I found that getting the blood pumping and getting a routine done really helps. ('Course I usually hav to have some sort of membership at a club before I'll be motivated to do that.) Feelings are sometimes the result of your body's state of fitness too. I blame a lot of my down times on being lazy and not doing things that are productive.
Check this out. http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=3cb45252-0abe-421a-001d-7ef1463cdb2b&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf
That should make you smile.
Do you drink more water in the mornings or eat better in the mornings?
Exercise usually picks me up, too, JC.
Schedule a 15 minute prayer time with somebody right after lunch or set aside 10 minutes to memorize scripture a little later. I used to never be able to go to asleep because I would be thinking too much about what I had to do tomorrow and what I didn't get done that day. So I switched my devotions to right before bed instead of after breakfast. God's word really does fill you with peace.
Post a Comment