Stephen and I have run away from home and are living quite comfortably, for the time being, inside our local 24-hour Walmart. I'm currently updating from the library computers, and I just wanted to let you all in on the situation in case you don't hear from us for a while. We sleep on the display beds in the home furnishings department until we're caught, then we tend to move out to the outdoor garden area, as nobody works there from about midnight to 4am. We eat what we can scavenge from the produce department--you know, the occasional grape that's just starting to wrinkle, or the orange or apple that's just a little too ripe--which no one misses anyway, and we excercise by "testing" out the bicycles in the store. It's working out really well for us, so far. Especially since the Home Depot that Stephen works at is right next door, so we're not even having to spend money on gas! And we've got a fresh change of clothes every couple of hours--since we don't leave the store we can try things on and just walk around in them for a little while before going back to the dressing rooms and trying something else on! It's great! The only bummer is that my cell phone only has reception near the front of the store, so we tend to miss a lot of calls. But don't worry--we periodically go outside during the day to check messages and call people back, so if you don't get through right away you can leave a message and you'll hear from us soon.
Anywho, I've got to run! There's a big sale in housewares today and I want to make sure no one takes our favorite fluffy pillows!
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, by the way, April Fools!
;~p
(As if you didn't know that already)
*grins*
Hehe...
Post a Comment