Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Busy" may be an understatement...

Yes, I have been busy. I only wanted a part-time job, and here it is, my third week on the job, and I've got 31 hours. I'll have to talk to Faye (my store manager) and see if she can't keep me down around 20 hours a week. Maybe I'll wait until the worst of the summer rush is over, though. A couple of months of higher hours probably wouldn't be such a bad thing anyway.

But I really want to be home, still. I'm really, really enjoying this job, and having a great time (except for the extremely sore feet, complete with blisters. Ouch), but I loved being at home and doing the cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping. I'm still essentially "in charge" of that stuff, but it's a lot harder to accomplish when I'm working 30 hours a week! Bah.

Anywho, I've got to run. I've got laundry in, I need to vacuum, the kitchen needs to be finished up, I have to get dinner into the slow cooker, and I have to shower and get ready for work all within the next two and a half hours.

Ta ta! God bless!

2 comments:

Chera said...

My boss did that to me too! I only signed up for part-time, and yet I'm scheduled for 38 hours this week -- a mere two hours under full-time. *snork* Don't you love how they do that to people?

Chera said...

But, on the other hand, money is money. I'm not going to complain too much. :-)