Do you ever have those moments where you really feel like writing something profound (or at least attempting to), but the words just won't come out right? I'm in that mood right now where I'm feeling very reflective, and very calm and cool and thoughtful...but my thoughts are flitting all over the place like so many butterflies that I don't think there's been one really developed pondering/idea in hours.
As far as the "countdown to school's end" goes, things are looking up. The projects that were stressing me out last week are finished and safely handed in, which leaves me until Tuesday to practice for my Karate final, until Wednesday to write up my philosophy of education as my intro to ed. final, and until Thursday to spend some time working on math-related stuff. Then it's over.
I'll be picking up some extra hours at work on Tuesday to try and get a jump on the database stuff that my boss has me help with at the end of each quarter (we've only just finished the H's, and usually she's close to S by this late in the quarter), and then Wednesday and Thursday I'll be going in to help with the "end of the quarter clean-up" in the Writing Center, a project which rather isolates me with my boss for hours on end, which wouldn't be such a tiring thing if she weren't the stereotypical left-wing liberal. She's actually making a little bit of progress toward beginning to really think for herself about issues, instead of automatically accepting anything her party upholds as the "absolute truth of the matter", whatever that matter may be.
Speaking of work, I've been handing out my resume and turning in applications lately, trying to get full-time work that'll start the beginning of August. I've already committed to staying at the Writing Center through July (and I think my boss is going to want me to help show the ropes to whatever newbies come through before I go, since I've been there second longest of all the tutors and she really likes me), and I've got a lot of other stuff going on that month as well (Stephen's going to be here for the month, and we're going to eastern Washington for a few days to work at Creation Festival). The problem with trying to find a job here is, however, that there isn't a lot available right now. Our unemployment rates have been soaring the last couple of years, and a lot of the positions open now are either total crap jobs or ones that require you to have at least a BA and three or more years of experience in this-or-that field. I know in my heart of hearts that God's got something special in mind for me, but I don't even know where to start looking. I honestly have no clue. My Associate's degree is just general studies (great if I were transferring right away, not so hot for trying to just get a job), my experience is limited to...well, it's just really limited. For those of you who have a moment, pray that I'll be patient enough to seek God's will in this one and honestly wait on Him, as long as He needs me to. I keep slipping into being stressed at the prospect of possibly not being able to find anything for months and months, which is going to hurt the wedding/starting-out-life plans a lot. We can't get married if we have no money to at least get a place to live and food to eat.
Anywho, that's the recent news. I've rambled on far long enough, but I applaud those of you who stuck it out and read through to the end. My thanks to you, friends! God bless!
Saturday, June 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like rambles. It's a peak into the mind of my friends... I'm also glad you're updating more often now. *grins*
Post a Comment